Science Technicians.org

Networking site for Science Technicians

You are not connected. Please login or register

Science Technician Job

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Science Technician Job on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

Hi all, was looking for some friendly advice! I currently have an HND in Biomedical Science and I have finished my second year of my degree in the same subject. I am not returning to University until September next year, when my son starts School as I want to have more time to study. I recently seen a post for a part time secondary school science technician and applied for it as I have no work experience at all and want to gain some before completing my degree! I have loads of experience of working in labs from Uni though! I was just wondering if you think they will even consider me as I don't have any working experience. Thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: Science Technician Job on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:38 am

I don't see why they shouldn't consider you. You are over qualified for the role and I am sure you have a good idea of what a technician does just from working in the labs you mention where I'm sure you'll have seen the technicians about their work. Good luck with your application.Very Happy 

View user profile

3 Science technician job on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 pm

I applied for my first Academy technician post just over 2 years ago, with 18 years of university experience under my belt but no school experience at all. Now I'm managing a technical team in a private school. If you're adaptable and keen you'll have no problem making the transition. Good luck!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]